A how-to guide in removing your old window tints
Window tints are one of the most common accessories that virtually every car comes with. The reasons why so many car owners tint their windows vary. Some owners of cars opt to tint their windows for security and privacy. Others use tints for windows solely for aesthetic purposes. Most drivers use window tints to block UV and heat rays while driving down the road under the heat.
Window films are considered essential to the car and guarantee a good performance in the long run. But, they can last for a long time, and installation and replacement cost a lot.
Car owners can find five indicators that tell you when it is time to change your window tints. (1) Air bulges and bubbles (2) Lips and fading (3) Peeling (4) Damaged car interiors (5) A high temperature, even with the blast of the air conditioner
Having professionals remove and change your window tints, such as a professional in tinting windows Yuba City will save you time and money. But if by any chance you have a sharp blade dishwashing soap, a sponge, spray bottle water, and glass cleaner and you can follow the steps below:
- Use a blade for a razor to reduce the edges of window film. Take care when removing the tinted film, especially with metallic blades. Scrapers made of non-metallic are best for plastic windows.
- Carefully peel off the film, starting from the bottom. Make sure to use the blade when the film doesn’t go in one piece. Reapply the process of peeling off the tint film by using the blade while you lift the edges of the tint.
- Mix dishwashing solution with water in a spray bottle to create a soapy mixture. Spray the adhesive on the windows.
- Allow the remaining adhesive time to soften by letting it sit and soak under the soapy solution. This would make the next procedure much simpler.
- If you have any remaining adhesive make use of the blade to scrape it off. To avoid scratching your windows, ensure that your glass isn’t wet. Spray more soapy solution onto the window until it becomes dry. Repeat the process until the glass is dry.
- Use a glass cleaner or soapy solution for cleaning your windows. Avoid ammonia-based cleaners and abrasive cleaning products to avoid scratching.
Window tint removal can be an easy task, however, you can benefit from experts with years of experience in window tinting Yuba City who will provide the best quality products and services.